Applications for the 2023 Diversity Champion will open in February, 2023.
To honor those who live our mission, the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Diversity Membership Work Group has created the Diversity Champion Award. This award recognizes exceptional efforts to promote the full and equal participation of diverse people within the insurance and financial advising profession. NAIFA members in good standing are eligible for this prestigious award.
Diversity Champion Award Mission
To be a champion of diversity, recognize the value of our differences and advocate for all members of our community. We embrace inclusion for all; including those that experience discrimination or under-representation.
Each year the award will be presented at the NAIFA Belong Awards Celebration during the National Leadership Conference. The recipient will receive a recognition award and a complimentary one-year membership in the Association.Award Criteria
A Diversity Champion presents a unique blend of experience, skills, accomplishments, and other qualities. A nominee must be a member of NAIFA in good standing and have at least five years’ experience in the insurance and financial services industry. The Selection Committee will consider the nominee’s trailblazing efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- Creates and promotes diverse and inclusive workplaces
- Raises awareness and fosters communication within the financial services industry and the community
- Supports inclusion and encourages diverse individuals to reach their professional goals
- Fosters awareness and a commitment to diversity and inclusion within the NAIFA membership
- Provides insurance and financial services in underserved and diverse markets
An individual may champion the cause of diversity in many ways. An award application should reflect all the efforts and achievements of a nominee. Examples of some of the ways a nominee may champion diversity include:
- Creating or supporting affinity groups, diversity committees or provide leadership in organizations committed to promoting positive action for diversity and inclusion
- Acting as a recruiter, manager or mentor, to promote the inclusion and success of diverse individuals in the profession
- As a speaker, an advocate, or public relations contributor, raise awareness of the issues of equity, diversity and inclusion in the professional community, the NAIFA community, or the community at large
- Pursuing research or study, and/or develop educational programming on issues related to equity, diversity, and /or inclusion
- Engaging a diverse clientele to bring insurance and financial services to underserved markets.